The March Hareis an un spoilt traditional country free house selling a range of real ales, ciders, wine and sprits for the discerning drinker. There are up to four real ales on offer - a varying selection from independent and local micro breweries including mild stout and porter.
There has been a Pub on the site since 1840.As The Wheatsheaf it went from private ownership to Fordhams of Ashwell to Whitbreds. By the mid 1980’s it became The March Hare and was taken over by Admiral Taverns until its closure in 2008.
It was becoming derelict by 2010 when it was rescued by John and Janice Pritchett. After considerable refurbishment it reopened in August 2010. It remains the only pub in Dunton and is becoming reestablished as a hub of village life used by many local organisations. Open events include quizzes and folk music sessions.